S. Brown Construction Co.
Partner with a home addition professional.
Whether you’re adding a nursery, mother-in-law suite, or sunroom to your house, our contractors can help you make your vision a reality.
You can rely on us to deliver a great project and peace of mind.
It’s easy to become overwhelmed with the details of a home addition once you start to consider everything you need to accomplish. However, we’ve heard from our clients that our ability to help them create a clear plan of action gives them confidence and peace of mind to begin their renovation. Because of our excellent communication and clear plans of action, they feel confident we will complete their project with quality workmanship and in a timely, cost-effective manner.
Explore your options and bring your unique ideas to life.
Over three generations, we’ve encountered families who know exactly what they want, those who aren’t sure where to start, and everyone in between. Each homeowner has different needs and preferences, which is why your addition will be unlike any other—and we’ll treat it that way by sitting down with you to discuss how we’ll make this project truly yours.
Take a look at our gallery of home additions we’ve completed for other Greater Lafayette families. And if you’d like to see more options or ask questions, we’re just a phone call away.
A home addition to celebrate life’s changes.
We’ve seen families add on to their space for many different reasons. No matter your reason for a home addition, we’re happy to assist you with adjusting to your new situation.
Here’s what you can expect from our home addition process.
- First, we’ll contact you (over the phone or by email) to talk about your project.
- We’ll meet with you on-site to further discuss your needs, as well as your budget.
- We’ll draft a design proposal and send it to you for review.
- Once you accept the proposal, we’ll then create the actual project design.
- Next, we’ll send you an estimate. If you accept this estimate and want to proceed, we’ll draft a contract with a description of the building and design work, a payment schedule, and start and end times for your project.
- After you sign the contract, we’ll begin your project on the established start date.
- During your project, Scott, our owner, or a representative will meet with you weekly to discuss your home’s progress. You’ll also have 24/7 access to our software management program if you’d like to post messages about your project.
- We’ll finish your home's addition by the established end date.
- Our team will conduct a final inspection and address any punch list items.
- We’ll walk through your home with you.